- Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 2013
For 2013, Jeep announces the production version of the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail hawk first seen as a concept at the 2012 Easter Jeep Safari in Moab, Utah. The Grand Cherokee Trail hawk is evidence that even the most awarded SUV ever, and the most capable Grand Cherokee ever, can get even better.
The 2013 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk is available with a V-6 or V-8 engine and includes the following capability-enhancing equipment:
- 18-inch Goodyear Silent Armor all-terrain tires with Kevlar reinforcement
- Solid steel rock rail body protection
- Quadra-Lift air suspension, with nearly 11 inches of ground clearance
- Selec-Terrain traction control system with five settings: Snow, Rock, Sand/Mud, Sport and Auto
- A Rear Electronic Limited-slip Differential (ELSD, V-8) that can transfer up to 100% of engine's torque to one rear wheel in order to keep the Jeep moving forward even in the most extreme situations
- Quadra-Track II or Quadra-Drive II (V-8) with a two-speed transfer case to help conquer the toughest obstacles
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk is easily recognized with new signature red Trailhawk and Trail Rated badging and tow hooks, black-surround headlamps and a unique gray on the grille surround, side mirrors, rear light bar, 4x4 badge and five-spoke 18-inch aluminum wheels. A black hood decal with a red accent stripe helps reduce glare from the sun which can help the driver in extreme off-road situations.
Trailhawk-specific interior touches include black leather and performance suede seats with red accent stitching and Mopar slush floor mats front and rear.
The 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk is available in Bright White, Brilliant Black, Mineral Gray, Maximum Steel and Deep Cherry Red.