- Chevrolet TrailBlazer, 2013
Chevrolet's toughest, most refined midsize sport utility vehicle, the Chevy TrailBlazer, made its global debut at the opening of the 2011 Dubai International Motor Show in the Middle East.
The robust seven-seat show vehicle previews Chevrolet's latest SUV offering, which will be sold around the world, beginning with Thailand in early 2012.
The new-generation Chevrolet TrailBlazer combines the hauling and towing capability of a body-on-frame SUV with the ride comfort and efficiency of a crossover. Developed in tandem with the all-new Chevrolet Colorado pickup by GM do Brasil, it shares the same architecture as its truck sibling, with a chassis tuned to combine heavy-duty off-road capability with refined city driving.
The show vehicle features an all-wheel-drive system and is powered by GM's new 2.8-liter Duramax turbo-diesel engine, which features a variable-geometry turbocharger for an optimal combination of performance and fuel economy.
According to Brad Merkel, GM's Global Vehicle Line Executive for Midsize Trucks and SUVs, Chevrolet TrailBlazer offers the strength, design, capability and refinement needed to compete with the world's best off-road vehicles.
Exterior Design - Sophisticated Muscle
Chevrolet TrailBlazer's bold road presence was created by the GM South America Design Center in São Caetano do Sul, Brazil, and shares a number of design cues with its sister vehicle, the Chevrolet Colorado.
Exterior highlights include a "body in-wheels out" design that delivers high approach and departure angles. A dramatic power dome in the hood combined with a raised cowl gives the Chevy TrailBlazer a strong, purposeful appearance. Higher-mounted dual projector headlamps are positioned beneath the power dome, emphasizing the visual strength in the face of the vehicle.
Also prominent is the contemporary dual-port grille - an unmistakable Chevrolet cue - that carries a three-dimensional grille mesh. It is complemented by polished aluminum decor trims in the fascias, rockers, belt line, tailgate and roof rack. Tri-coat pearlescent white exterior paint and integrated LED front and rear fog lamps provide a premium appearance.
Additional exterior details:
- Highly detailed sheet metal work in the hood, door panels and rear quarters that blend layers of natural light for a rich, uncluttered, natural surface appearance;
- Front and rear LED Chevrolet signature lighting housed within sculpted aluminum decorative bezels;
- Custom dual-finish, painted and polished 20-inch aluminum wheels fitted with 20-inch Cooper Zeon LTZ tires;
- Exterior mirror-mounted LED turn signals.
Interior - Spacious, Refined and Flexible
Signature Chevrolet cues continue inside, conveying spaciousness, flexibility and an upscale appearance in all control interfaces.
With a flowing instrument panel, integrated center stack, and signature Chevrolet dual cockpit design, the interior of the all-new Chevrolet TrailBlazer combines car-like characteristics with the boldness expected of a true SUV. The seven-passenger interior offers intuitive three-row tumble and/or fold-flat seat versatility and best-in-class spaciousness in the third row.
Additional interior details:
- An overhead console that integrates the HVAC system with onboard infotainment;
- Second row 60/40 split seats with single latch forward gravity tumble, fold-flat capability, and six-degree seat-back reclining along with integrated folding armrests with cup holders;
- Third row 50/50 split seats with center console storage and fold-flat capability;
- Flat floor storage from the front row rearward when all seats are folded flat, which is designed to provide extreme load capability;
- Auxiliary power plug with USB and Bluetooth connectivity.
Contrasting trim used with the light-colored leather seating, mat dark wood trim accented with chrome, and dual-grained surfaces used on the upper and lower IP provide a premium feel. A number of storage compartments are located throughout the interior, including a covered center bin for concealment of valuable items, and a large, dual glovebox.
Other features include a dual-zone, digital climate control system and the latest in infotainment technology.